In the past I’ve had some awesome nights.
I’ve also had some awesome days.
On a rare occasion I had some awesome weeks. But never have I had a stretch of more than one or two weeks of awesome at a time.
Recently though, life has been nonstop awesomeness. Which is fitting because that’s the name of a blog that my friend Nathan writes (who I had the pleasure of hosting at my apartment in New Jersey a couple weeks ago, more on that later).
I don’t know how this all happened, but somehow I’ve stumbled into a life that is blowing away all expectations of what I once thought was possible. Every day I make conscious choices on how I want to spend my time. Every moment of the day I am living on purpose. And I am deeply grateful for it.
For the sake of brevity, here are some of the highlights of the past week:
- Sold most of my stuff and donated over half of my closet to charity
- Became location independent
- Couchsurfed with the one and only Anthony Monetti (from MTV True Life fame) and learned a ton about nutrition and diet from him and his wife Karen
- Took a road trip to Pittsburgh with some of my favorite people
- Watched my friend Sean speak live at TEDxCMU in McConomy Auditorium (where Randy Pausch gave his famous Last Lecture)
- Had an impromptu yoga photoshoot at the United States Army Heritage and Education Center
- Performed roadtrip karaoke using Shazam’s LyricPlay feature on the iPhone app (it will change your life)
- Attended a meetup of internet entrepreneurs, digital nomads, and other assorted game changers in NYC
- Performed actual karaoke for the first time (and a second time) in front of a live audience in NYC
Life does not suck.